For admins only
You have to be an organisation owner or admin in order to make these changes.
You want to provide your users with "default rooms", so they get to know Grape faster? No problem!
Every Grape organisation has 3 default rooms to start with: development, general and off-topic. You can rename them, of course. You can even delete one or two of them or create more default rooms for your users.
- For this, click on the gear at the top left and go to "Manage members"
- Click on "Teams" in the middle section next to "Active members". Here you can choose which users are in which rooms per default.
- The very first team is always for "all users" with the 3 mentioned default rooms pre-set. Click on "Edit" to make changes.
- In the following view you get to choose the conversations all users will be added to.
Important: You can only select public rooms. Inviting all users to private rooms, wouldn't make much sense anyway.
- By clicking "update" all changes are made and all users are added to these groups. Users cannot leave these groups, but always have the option to mute them in case it gets to loud in there (see in notification settings).