Build up an engaged core team
The best way to get on with Grape is to follow these principles:
- A core team will be needed in which all users cover 90% of all conversation partners (= inside closeness).
- A group of "Early Adopters" for instance a department, a friendly group inside an organisation, or similar, should take side with an “Innovator” who assures that the product works well and finds daily deployment.
- All group members commit themselves, especially during the introduction time, to use primarily GRAPE for their virtual communication.
- The first implementation finds place in a initial comprehensive meeting.
- It is ensured that all participants from the Grape core team are able to use Grape on desktop- and mobile devices.
The power of a core team
The key lies in the core team
With the following impulses, it can be detected if the Product finds a good acceptance.
The establishment of a Support-Team
- Definition of a Support-Team, should most optimally consist of represenatives from: responsible managers or executives, HR (for embedding of the onboarding process into the general company's cultural work, by safeguarding the support of C-Levels and if applicable according to the employee representation), IT (to ensure the technical implementation and the User-Support), furthermore - if there is one - an internal process (ie. responisble for processoptimisation within the organisation).
- Regular Jour Fixe of the Support-Team to analyse the progress of the onboarding and optimising it. Especially for the establishment of an internal Cookbook (enabling the creation of recipes = for example report about cases for wich GRAPE is used in a company).
To make for first-time-user the solution attractive it helps to work with following recommendation:
“I have the feeling that with GRAPE, I can easily reach out to my colleagues” (= and that they quickly reply in an appropriate way.)
I find content on GRAPE, that I was not able to / could hardly find with normal / previous procedures” (= create content, share links, doing daily stand-ups in the chat, etc.)
“My colleagues are interested and respond to my inputs” (= confirmation of colleagues, in privat or offical project rooms.)
“I'm easy to use GRAPE on the devices” (= Especially with the less technophilic employees to personally ensure that they understand basic functions on their computers and mobile devices.)
Task of the Support-Team at the end of step 1
- The Support-Team, together with particularly motivated participants from the core team, prepares the second step. If the users themselves show their motivation to a next user group, then the adaptation success is the greatest.
- Selection of the next area within the organisation that gets onboarding.
- In most cases, the Support-Team also establishes the relationship with the next executives involved in order to instruct them before the beginning of Step 2.
Forward to step 2 - Main course